the safety of our employees is paramount
The safety of our employees is paramount at
Gill Staffing. We demand safe work environments from our clients,
and safe workplace practices from our employees. Employees should
follow these rules, patterned after Federal OSHA requirements,
and both clients and employees are encourage to report unsafe conditions
or work practices directly to Gill Staffing.
- Report an injury to your employer / supervisor immediately.
- Report any observed unsafe condition to your employer /supervisor.
- Horseplay is prohibited at all times.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages is not permitted on the job. An employee
discovered under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be
permitted to work.
- If you do not have current First Aid Training, do not move or treat
an injured person unless there is immediate peril, such as profuse
bleeding or stoppage of breathing.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn on the job at all
- Where there is a hazard of falling objects, an approved hard hat
must be worn.
- You should not perform any task unless you are trained to do so
and are aware of the hazards associated with that task.
- You may be assigned certain personal protective safety equipment.
- This equipment should be available for use on the job, be maintained
in good condition and worn when required.
- Learn safe work practices. When in doubt about performing a task
safely, contact your supervisor for instruction and training.
- Riding on a hoist hook, or on other equipment not designated for
such purposes, is prohibited at all times.
- Never remove or by-pass safety devices.
- Do not approach operating machinery from the blind side; let the
operator see you.
- Learn where fire extinguishers and first aid kits are located.
- Maintain a general condition of good housekeeping in all work areas
at all times.
- When operating or riding in company vehicles or using your personal
vehicle for business purposes, the vehicle seat belt shall be worn.
- Be alert to hazards that could affect you and your fellow employees.
- Obey safety signs and tags.
- Always perform your assigned task in a safe and proper manner;
DO NOT TAKE SHORTCUTS. Taking shortcuts and ignoring established
safety rules is a leading cause of injury.